Solved! Ohms

Solution
No problem. Problems occur when you load an amp at a lower impedance, which is harder on an amp. For example, you don't want to connect a 4 ohm speaker to an amp designed for 8 ohm loads because it will run hot and may be damaged by the heat. Your amp can handle it, no problem, BUT (a catch), you won't be getting 60 watts from it. More like approx 40-45.

Sonic Illusions

Prominent
Feb 16, 2019
No problem. Problems occur when you load an amp at a lower impedance, which is harder on an amp. For example, you don't want to connect a 4 ohm speaker to an amp designed for 8 ohm loads because it will run hot and may be damaged by the heat. Your amp can handle it, no problem, BUT (a catch), you won't be getting 60 watts from it. More like approx 40-45.

Solution
Jun 19, 2019
Thanks for the answer to my trend will wait for more answers to my inquiry much appreciated Thanks once again for your reply.Dano23388

Reactions: Sonic Illusions

Sonic Illusions

Prominent
Feb 16, 2019
That's probably more accurate than my figure, which was a WAG. Would you mind sharing the make and model # of your amp? This is simply out of curiosity, because I've never seen an amp rated at 3 ohms. 1, 2 (car audio) 4 (car,reference) and 8 ohms - yes.