Ok how long can a memory card last

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danfifepsu31

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014
of a memory card, what if I leave the pictures on a memory card for years? What will happen, will it make me loose the pictures forever?

*takes a deep breath*

It's probably just a slower card. So it takes longer to read a picture.

The pictures are still on the card. Plug the card into the computer, download the Nikon software, and use that to get the pictures.

The card could die at any point. They're less reliable than HDDs, and even those are considered a Very Bad Idea to have without backups.

I have no more words that can describe this thread anymore. Reminds me of a fly trying to fly though a glass windows. Bang, bang, bang, bang... hm.. maybe now.. bang bang bang...

:spamafote:
:crazy:
:cry:

danfifepsu31

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014

why do you say the card could die at any pt?

danfifepsu31

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014

I tried that MONTHS Ago plug the card into the computer and the computer didnt show the pics but I can see them in the card.

NO ONE WILL HELP ME. and all I will get from places are guesses.

if the card dies I will have to use recovery softwear I Guess.

From your posts, you did not try anything aside from plugging into the computer. Did you actually use the Nikon software? Did you try the card in a card reader? Did you try it on another PC? Did you bring it to a photo place to have them check it? If you did not do those things, you did not do enough to try to fix this. If you say you're hungry but don't eat, don't be surprised that you continue to be hungry.

I tried that MONTHS Ago plug the card into the computer and the computer didnt show the pics but I can see them in the card.

NO ONE WILL HELP ME. and all I will get from places are guesses.

if the card dies I will have to use recovery softwear I Guess.

EVERYONE at Tom's has helped you. You do not want to help yourself. Follow the advice given earlier and you will be on the road to success!.

Fixed quotes - SS

danfifepsu31

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014

whats making you say the card could die at any pt?

Any hard drive or storage media can die at any point. That's why people make backups. Unfortunately most people only think of making backups AFTER their drives fail. A big part of professional IT people's jobs is making sure data is safe and protected.

danfifepsu31

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014

when I said that the I pluged the cable to the camera and the computer and it didnt show the pics, it showed other pics, this was months ago, how sucessful will it be with a card reader?

OK, that's enough, I am locking this thread. You are clearly not doing anything anyone recommended aside from asking the same thing over and over and over. Once you do something, feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss if anything else can be tried if what I and others suggested did not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.