okay so I logged in my acer laptop it said it needed to update then it went flashing black saying this could take a while I tu

hang-the-9

Titan
Your post cut off, you need to put the full details into the main body not the title. If you turned off the laptop in the middle of an update, since the last thing you put in was "I tu", you may need to do a clean Windows setup using your media or a factory reset with the restore partition. If you don't have backups of your files, you need to do that first. A Linux Live Boot disk with an external drive will work to copy your files out.

maruniverse7

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018

Is the laptop display on updating and saying this could take a while?

hang-the-9

Titan
Your post cut off, you need to put the full details into the main body not the title. If you turned off the laptop in the middle of an update, since the last thing you put in was "I tu", you may need to do a clean Windows setup using your media or a factory reset with the restore partition. If you don't have backups of your files, you need to do that first. A Linux Live Boot disk with an external drive will work to copy your files out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 2
R Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 11
N Laptop General Discussion 2
S Laptop General Discussion 3
R Laptop General Discussion 6
C Laptop General Discussion 1
C Laptop General Discussion 2
K Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 1