old games are unplayable, including some new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatcorey

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
When i first purchased my computer, i didnt have any problems, ive had this laptop less than a year still, and its still giving me issues. Ive sent it in 3 times now, but the issue still stays, Asus says they checked for any hardware damage or failure, and they repaired some things in it. I dont know whether its my hard drive or graphics card, but i do think there something wrong with my laptop. When playing any old single player games, such as counter strike, oblivion, and call of duty, since i only have 125 gb on my SSD, i put all games on my hard drive, but there shoudnt be an excuse for why my laptop has these issues. i get this freezing intervals, meaning it freezes for half a second then quickly goes back to normal. I also get screen tearing ranging from one diagonal line in some games and two horizontal lines when looking around on the game. i also get terrible fps drops, im usually at 60 fps, then during the one second freezes it drops very low then quickly back up. I have my battery set to high performance, and have all drivers updated. Here is my specs

Asus ROGL752VW
16 gigs of ram
intel i7 processor with intel graphics card
Nvidia geforce gtx 960M 4gb vram
windows 10 home
125gb SSD
1 TB hard drive
17.3" 1920 x 1080

Martell1977

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
You need to make sure the laptop is using the 960m and not the integrated while gaming. If you can, in the BIOS, set the 960m as the primary GPU, or try to find settings to do so. Also, make sure the laptop is on "High Performance" battery power plan. The issue you describe is a GPU issue.

Whatcorey

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014

how do i set as that in the bios? i have the Nvidia control panel, and i picked my perferred graphics processor as the nvidia one, but i still get the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.