Old laptop bsod problem

scar0134

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
I have an old laptop running window 7, Idk why but I've been randomly getting the blue screen of death,
It's not my laptop and there are a lot of junk programs in it. I want to buy an Ssd and install windows 10 on it with zero programs but I'm afraid the actual laptops keyboard and track pad drivers will not be there and will therefore not work. Am I correct to have that fear? Or should I not do it?

Solution
No that is pretty normal fear. First you would need to look into if your laptop can even take a SSD. Not all can. Then, if it can, I would suggest locating and saving the drivers to a DVD/CD/USB. Granted 10 should install usable drivers. But sometimes things happen.

I would do that with more than just those drivers as well. Any drivers your system currently uses would be well worth getting back ups for as some devices will not work with 10 using the drivers that it installs. A common fix is to use the former drivers.
No that is pretty normal fear. First you would need to look into if your laptop can even take a SSD. Not all can. Then, if it can, I would suggest locating and saving the drivers to a DVD/CD/USB. Granted 10 should install usable drivers. But sometimes things happen.

I would do that with more than just those drivers as well. Any drivers your system currently uses would be well worth getting back ups for as some devices will not work with 10 using the drivers that it installs. A common fix is to use the former drivers.

Solution