Old plasma + 1,5y old Denon avr-x3200 - how to switch off ARC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2018
Problem is the following.

Old plasma Pioneer PDP-4280XA with beautiful picture and a 1,5y old Denon avr-x3200w.

Denon gets the input from the DVD player or from the cableTV or from a PC (AUX1) then everything is perfect.

My iPhone (iTunes, Youtube apps), or laptop (win10 + iTunes) recognise the Denon (local wifi) and if I select the option then the system plays the sound but it does not play the movie. Instead it projects the title of the music in case of iTunes.

Someone mentioned that I have to switch off ARC. I went through on the whole menu setting of the TV, but there was no ARC mentioned anywhere.

Someone else said that the HDMIs might be marked with "ARC" and I should not use them. But as I see none of them was marked and it would have been mentioned in the user manual.

Can anybody help? Sorry for the poor English.

Thank you.

Solution
Your TV doesn't have ARC so nothing to turn off. In this case it doesn't matter. ARC is only to get sound from the TV to the receiver with the same HDMI cable that gets picture from the receiver to the TV..
Your IPhone is probably connected to the receiver with Airplay which is audio only in this case. You would need an Apple TV connected to the receiver to use Airplay for video too.

Your TV doesn't have ARC so nothing to turn off. In this case it doesn't matter. ARC is only to get sound from the TV to the receiver with the same HDMI cable that gets picture from the receiver to the TV..
Your IPhone is probably connected to the receiver with Airplay which is audio only in this case. You would need an Apple TV connected to the receiver to use Airplay for video too.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.