Oct 15, 2018
My old Sony HDTV is finally giving me some trouble. I turn it on and quickly it turns off and then blinks red seven times repeatedly. If I leave it off and unplugged for a couple of days (or more) and then plug it in and turn it on, it works! Is there any reason why I shouldn't just leave it on? Simply turn off the sound when I hit the sack.

I plan on getting a flat screen but I'm rearranging furniture so I'm not likely to get the flat screen for a week or two; and then there's the "calling the cable guy to set it up" thing. It would be nice to take my time with the flat screen and furniture.

Solution
This is not like a car engine light to tell you to immediately stop. Electronics have safeguards to shut itself down if somethings get too hot or short occur will trip itself, vendors don't need the liability. Having said that, don't rely on this hobbyist word as Godspell.
This is not like a car engine light to tell you to immediately stop. Electronics have safeguards to shut itself down if somethings get too hot or short occur will trip itself, vendors don't need the liability. Having said that, don't rely on this hobbyist word as Godspell.

Solution