Old Speakers for onkyo tx nr 676e

Jul 31, 2018
Am planning to buy onkyo tx nr676e for that am planning to connect old sony mhc gn1200 d , sony hi-fi flx5d , or any speaker from such hi-fi system will it work on the av receiver ot suggest me a 7.1 speaker form the onkyo receiver , i need some reasonable bass effect too☺️

Solution
The Onkyo can be used with speakers that are 4 ohms or higher. The speakers from the Sony GN1200d are 6 ohms so are safe for the Onkyo. However the power rating of HTS systems is basically a lie so you will have enough power in the Onkyo to damage the speakers. Be careful not to blow them.
You will also have a problem because HTS systems have an amp built into the main unit for the subwoofer and AVRs don't. So you will either need to get an external amp or a self powered subwoofer (the better option).
Plan on replacing the front L-C-R speakers as your next upgrade.
The Onkyo can be used with speakers that are 4 ohms or higher. The speakers from the Sony GN1200d are 6 ohms so are safe for the Onkyo. However the power rating of HTS systems is basically a lie so you will have enough power in the Onkyo to damage the speakers. Be careful not to blow them.
You will also have a problem because HTS systems have an amp built into the main unit for the subwoofer and AVRs don't. So you will either need to get an external amp or a self powered subwoofer (the better option).
Plan on replacing the front L-C-R speakers as your next upgrade.

Solution
Jul 31, 2018
Thank for your valuable suggestion so it's better to go for a new set of powered sub woofer and some latest 7.1 speakers for the onkyo can u suggest some good 7.1 speakers can i use a jhon barrel jb 2000 medel subwoofer