Olympus sz-12 ...shows "sd card error" when turned on

pegjeggy

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
my Olympus sz-12 (14megapixel) camera is saying (when I turn it on) sd card error....I dont know what this means and how to fix. cant move from this opening window. this is my 1st camera. I know little about them. I use a MacBook Air. thanks in advance for ur help! Peggie

pegjeggy

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
I dont know how to open it up to see a memory card. I a novice with digital cameras and computers. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I switched from a different kind of laptop- an acer to a Mac-book? Thanks for answering, Bjorni!

bjornl

Estimable

Your laptop should not make any difference.

The SD card is here:
olympus_SZ-10_sd.jpg

pegjeggy

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017

Splendid! that did the trick! I removed it, then replaced it, and tag dah!!! the error message disappeared!!!! wonderful!!!! thank you very much! so if I want to put photos from my camera onto my laptop thats what I use?? (I may have known that at one time but I have a brain injury, so it feels like I dont know it now)

pegjeggy

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
Splendid! that did the trick! I removed it, then replaced it, and tah dah!!! the error message disappeared!!!! wonderful!!!! thank you very much! so if I want to put photos from my camera onto my laptop thats what I use?? (I may have known that at one time but I have a brain injury, so it feels like I dont know it now)

bjornl

Estimable

Any SD card reader will work. Your PC probably has one. It does not, this one will work.
https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Reader-Adapter-Simultaneously-Windows/dp/B01ARAH6O0/