OmniVision Makes World's Smallest 1080p Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser_25

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]mauller07[/nom]but its going to suck for video quality, either full frame 35mm or larger image sensor(s) or no dice.[/citation]

it says 1080p video quality...sounds pretty good to me, opposed to old webcams at like 280p, sounds like a good step up, i think your a tard.

outlw6669

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
High resolution on a small sensor ≠ high quality.

Unless you are using this in a painfully bright room, I would expect this sensor to be quite noisy.

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Before automatically dismissing it, maybe lets see one in action.Bad form for the guy who called you a tard as well, for sticking up for it with no real evidence either.[/citation]

This is true, but from experience and other knowledge the smaller the image sensor the less light each pixel on the sensor can absorb, so the quality always tends to be far lower then that of a larger image sensor with the same resolution or even a lower resolution. example of a friend of mine whose mate has an 8mp Ericsson phone against his 5mp Nikon d60

another good example of this is the higher end camcorders all tend to use full frame 35mm image sensors even multiple sensors

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Hupiscratch[/nom]It will be great for on-board cameras on motorsports.[/citation]
not really, in those cases we can afford to have slightly larger cameras which deliver much nicer quality!

BPT747

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
[citation][nom]mauller07[/nom]but its going to suck for video quality, either full frame 35mm or larger image sensor(s) or no dice.[/citation]
Good point, However...

This was not designed to replace the photo chip in an SLR, but it may eventually make cellphone pictures/video less poor looking.

MindfieIds

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]So I can log into chatroulette/omegle and catch higher quality video feeds of old men without their pants on?[/citation]

Bleah! Couldn`t you think to something more appealing? Like women`s locker room? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.