Solved! On and off and sound won't work on my dish remote . Tv is hisense

Solution
The IR codes for your Hisense TV may not be preprogrammed into the "universal" Dish remote. You can't add codes that are not already in the remote. Contact Dish. They may have a newer remote that has the codes for the particular make and model of the TV.
Another option is to get a Logitech Harmony remote. These are programmed from their huge online database so they have almost every make and model. If they don't have it you will be instructed how to teach the IR codes into their database. Then the next person that needs those codes will find them. That's how the database gets updated. I think that prices start around $30.
The IR codes for your Hisense TV may not be preprogrammed into the "universal" Dish remote. You can't add codes that are not already in the remote. Contact Dish. They may have a newer remote that has the codes for the particular make and model of the TV.
Another option is to get a Logitech Harmony remote. These are programmed from their huge online database so they have almost every make and model. If they don't have it you will be instructed how to teach the IR codes into their database. Then the next person that needs those codes will find them. That's how the database gets updated. I think that prices start around $30.

Solution