On-wall Projector Screen. Help please :D

Kukushka

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Good day folks,

I have been recently messing about with a shiny projector. I am using the device to display my games and movies on a blank cream coloured (brown tainted) wall. While in the evening the wall works fine as a display area, during the day I believe I would benefit from a classic projector screen to boost the quality of the image using a proper projector white surface.

This would not be a problem if I would own the flat, but due to the fact that I rent the place, I am looking for an on-wall solution that would not leave marks on the wall, or act like a floor based hazard (i.e tripod solution). I am looking for a 100" -130" size screen area.

How have people solved similar situations in rented accommodation? Are there any stick-on wall options which do not leave notable marks when removed?

http://www.stik-me.com/ looks perfect, but I am not sure where to get it and what prices to expect in UK.

Thanks folks,

Dmitry

P.s.
If pull comes to shove and I will not be able to find a decent stick-on option I plan to get:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-FPS100-43-Freestanding-Widescreen/dp/B005BE02PS/ref=sr_1_32?s=electronics-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1370854986&sr=1-32&keywords=projector+white
But if I can have a

USAFRet

Illustrious

Projector screens are relatively heavy (20lbs+). I doubt you'll find a stick on product that will reliably hold that.
Depending on your DIY skills, you might be able to construct 2 vertical stands. A screw in foot on the bottom or top. This would provide a compression fit between floor and ceiling. Hang the screen from those. I did a similar thing for a bike stand. A single pole, happily holding 50lbs of bicycles.

Put these right up next to the wall, and you have pretty much zero footprint and no tripping hazard.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Projector screens are relatively heavy (20lbs+). I doubt you'll find a stick on product that will reliably hold that.
Depending on your DIY skills, you might be able to construct 2 vertical stands. A screw in foot on the bottom or top. This would provide a compression fit between floor and ceiling. Hang the screen from those. I did a similar thing for a bike stand. A single pole, happily holding 50lbs of bicycles.

Put these right up next to the wall, and you have pretty much zero footprint and no tripping hazard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The Perfect Stranger Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 4
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 9
T Streaming Video & TVs 3