One cord headset and one jack Lenovo Win 10 PC, mic not working

LioTang

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
So basically, I have a RIG 500 Headset with one cord for both mic and earphone and an adaptor to use it on 2 jacks PC but I buyed a new PC some months ago and the new one only have one jack for both, and the mic doesn't work anymore, do you have any ideas on how to make the mic work because my computer mic is pretty bad : / (I know there is a lot of questions with the same problem but I couldn't find an answer in those) thanks

Lutfij

Splendid
1| We'll need to know the model of your Lenovo system.
2| Have you made sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date?
3| Have you made sure your audio drivers are up to date?
4| You've stated that the Rig 500 Plantronics headset once worked on your system:
...I buyed a new PC some months ago and the new one only have one jack for both, and the mic doesn't work anymore...
After you plugged the headset to your system, did it work for a while? Or was it inoperable from the get go? You may also want to try out the headset with a splitter(for separating the mic and audio) at your friends house or another system in your house to see if the headset isn't faulty.

LioTang

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
I have a Lenovo ideapad 700, my audio drivers and motherboard BIOS are up to date. The mic never worked on the Lenovo and the headset worked perfectly(earphone and mic) with a spliter on my previous computer .