One in Five Teenagers Sending Naked Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
Not only that but half the people I know like to show all their friends; personally I think that's taking it a little too far. But this is just another side effect from the evolution of technology, get used to it. This isn't much different then when girls starting to wear two-piece swim suits back in the 20s; except that was in public.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
So what? Humans are based on sex. Our lifespan was on average 30 years back before we had a civilized society. sex happened at very young ages, we had a family near the end of our teen years. Its how we came to be, of course teens will be horny and do these sort of things. The only issue I see is that these teens don't think ahead, they're too fogged up in "love" that they forget if the relationship ends abruptly, those pictures would probably go sight seeing. Hell, when I was younger I did the same thing.

G

these stats are so far off its funny... at least at my school

sex stats definitely are the pictures are a little less

They must have been taking readings from the upper end of the teenage spectrum as I know for a fact the lower end teens in my area don't do this crap

kamkal

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
it is the "sex is evil" attitude of society

showing mass violence in media is ok but god forbid someone has a "wardrobe malfunction" and shows some skin lol

LAN_deRf_HA

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Well the stats fit my rather small town quite well... the only people who haven't had sex by the end of highschool were the uglies and the literal bible thumpers.

kamkal

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]thogrom[/nom]these stats are so far off its funny... at least at my schoolsex stats definitely are the pictures are a little lessThey must have been taking readings from the upper end of the teenage spectrum as I know for a fact the lower end teens in my area don't do this crap[/citation]

well of course it's the upper end, they are the kids whose parents can afford to buy them digital cameras and phones with cameras :)

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
i agree with sacre guy.
i add, sexually attractive people will find it hard to avoid sex especially with as attractive partner.
yet i think, young people today are actually avoiding having a family and is focused on career compared to older generations, which is a good and bad thing.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
The image stats make sense, but seriously, 30% have kids before 20? I know of maybe 4 people out of my graduating class of 1500 that had kids in high school. I could understand maybe 5-10%, but 30% is way too high. Even now that I'm in my mid 20s, I only know a few people that are having kids, most are waiting until their 30s.

Also, saying that "early half of all 15- to 19-year-olds" have had sex seems kinda low. I would estimate that closer to 75% of kids have had sex by the time they graduate high school. Of course I actually live in Canada, and we don't have as many of those crazy christians up here.

G

THEY DIDNT SAY "HAVE KIDS" THEY SAID PREGNANT... you guys never heard of ABORTION OR WHAT?

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]thogrom[/nom]these stats are so far off its funny... at least at my schoolsex stats definitely are the pictures are a little lessThey must have been taking readings from the upper end of the teenage spectrum as I know for a fact the lower end teens in my area don't do this crap[/citation]

You must either live in a real tidy little Christian town, or you're the school guidance counselor. How else could you know how many of your peers are having sex?

I went to a private HS, and I can assure you that people don't really voice what they're doing on their own time outside of school. Suddenly you're at a graduation party and people are getting stoned and making out because "who gives a crap now".

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
LOL Doctorpink beat me to it. Thank God for abortion, that's right, thank God!

Seriously though, what I want to say is that this article or the study it describes (or perhaps both) is sexist. All it seems to focus on is teen girls and pregnancies. How about the lil boys who show their pee-pees online? HOW ABOUT THEM LIL INNOCENT SEX FIENDS?!

Status
Not open for further replies.