News One of the best sci-fi movies ever just crashed Prime Video’s top 10

Jun 20, 2024
I’m assuming the author of this article has never seen or read any actual science fiction. This is fantasy, not sci-fi. It contains zero science and a plot thinner the line between fake articles and bad advertising. This movie is unwatchable; horrible dialog, pointless twists and just lame deus ex machina. I really expect more from a site like Tom’s Hardware than publishing crap advertising for crap products.

Reactions: Fox Tread3

Fox Tread3

Prominent
Jun 19, 2023
I’m assuming the author of this article has never seen or read any actual science fiction. This is fantasy, not sci-fi. It contains zero science and a plot thinner the line between fake articles and bad advertising. This movie is unwatchable; horrible dialog, pointless twists and just lame deus ex machina. I really expect more from a site like Tom’s Hardware than publishing crap advertising for crap products.
June 21, 2024 - I think that there are a number of factors at play here. One is that there are a huge number of freelance writers, most of which are young, have little experience, and work cheap. The second is that these newsletters have to have some content to stay in business. Journalism across the board is pretty much dead and mediocre at best. Fortunately, there are a number of reporters/reviewers that, in my opinion are pretty good and whose articles I enjoy, (I can't mention the names of the publications here though). Obviously I agree with the comments you made here. Stay well. :giggle:

Last edited:

Fox Tread3

Prominent
Jun 19, 2023
So many people have somehow been fooled into thinking this is a good movie. It's a mess. Watch more movies and get some perspective.
June 21, 2024 - I don't want to dump on anyone or group, but considering the demographics of the people that probably read the reviews here. I would say that they may agree with the author of the article. In an age where people are willing to watch subpar films and TV productions, dozens of iterations of series like NCIS, CSI, and Law and Order, and are glued to their phones while "watching" a film or TV show. A movie or TV show doesn't have to be particularly good. Just look at what the author of this article thinks as an example.

Jun 21, 2024
Read the Kip Thorne book, "The Science of Interstellar". Physics is hard. The movie tries to push the envelope on some things that are not well understood yet. That is what makes the movie so good. That is what makes Alixs' review correct.

Reactions: Fox Tread3

Fox Tread3

Prominent
Jun 19, 2023
Read the Kip Thorne book, "The Science of Interstellar". Physics is hard. The movie tries to push the envelope on some things that are not well understood yet. That is what makes the movie so good. That is what makes Alixs' review correct.
June 22, 2024 - I offer my compliments for your polite and interesting comments. I can't, and don't want to dispute anything that you've said. However.. (here it comes :giggle:), as you point out "Physics is hard". The movie may push the envelope on things not understood yet. The point is, I think the other people that have posted comments here, and I can't speak for them obviously. Are referring to the movie itself, and whether it is entertaining and perhaps"believable". People watch movies to be entertained for the most part. If they want to learn about History, Physics or whatever. They certainly are not going to learn from a movie. As it is, in my opinion, the entertainment industry for over a century, done the viewing public a disservice by changing History to make films and TV productions more entertaining. Sadly, there are people who believe the historical accuracy of films and TV productions, rather than understanding that they are just entertainment. We can thank the educational system for that. So whether "Interstellar" is a "good movie", depends on what a viewer feels is important. Which means that people may or may not agree with you or Alixs. Stay well.