News One of the best Xbox 360 games is free on Xbox Series X — and that's not all

Jul 26, 2023
Correction: while it was a great and unique game, the reason it became a top seller was because it granted access to the Halo 3 beta. Once that beta ended, pre-owned copies flooded the market.

Don't get me wrong, I played the crap out of Crackdown (although I could never get every orb).

Jul 27, 2023
Correction: while it was a great and unique game, the reason it became a top seller was because it granted access to the Halo 3 beta. Once that beta ended, pre-owned copies flooded the market.

Don't get me wrong, I played the crap out of Crackdown (although I could never get every orb).
I think that sounds right, I remember a lot of people offloading copies after the Halo 3 Beta ended. Personally I loved the game myself. All 3 of the Crackdown games have been free on the store for over a year, which wasn't mentioned in the article and the 3rd was missed. The 3rd one isn't technically free, since it's part of Game Pass, but it also hasn't fallen off of Game Pass yet. It is nice to see that a person can get some games for free, even if they don't have Game Pass which is something that the other two don't do.