One or Two additional speakers to 5.1 setup

Idontworkfornsa

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
I know it will still be 5.1. Just want to add a speaker near me, as I can't increase volume that may disturb neighbors. and sometimes the conversation in movies is too low while sound effects are too loud. my AV receiver is 5.1 with phones output, but plugging phones cancel the speakers output.

the subwoofer has an out not sure if this can be useful. how to duplicate a speaker output. is there splitter for speakers cables, so I can duplicate the front speakers. or the center speaker. any suggestion?

Thanks

Solution
You can't use the subwoofer out as this only produces bass.
You should use the center channel output which has all the dialogue.
Best way is to add a speaker selector switch that would allow you to select the center at the TV or the center at your chair or both without possible damage to your receiver.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=8231&gclid=CNKL2KLyic0CFQ9ZhgodfsMHVg
The one above has volume controls for each speaker so you can set each center speaker to the right level for the speaker and distance it is away from you.
Depending on the receiver and the particular speakers you use it may be possible to just wire them in parallel from the same terminals. If the receiver is not happy with the combination of speakers it could go...
You can't use the subwoofer out as this only produces bass.
You should use the center channel output which has all the dialogue.
Best way is to add a speaker selector switch that would allow you to select the center at the TV or the center at your chair or both without possible damage to your receiver.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=8231&gclid=CNKL2KLyic0CFQ9ZhgodfsMHVg
The one above has volume controls for each speaker so you can set each center speaker to the right level for the speaker and distance it is away from you.
Depending on the receiver and the particular speakers you use it may be possible to just wire them in parallel from the same terminals. If the receiver is not happy with the combination of speakers it could go into protection and shut down or blow up. You won't have a way to adjust the volume so the balance and levels will be what they are with no way to adjust them.

Solution