Review OnePlus 10 Pro review: The best Android phone for the money

Apr 18, 2022
I was a die hard OnePlus fan, this latest slight to the US base had me buying a new S22U. 8g ram and 128g storage? No thank you, I picked up an S22U for the same price as the 10pro after my trade in. With 512g storage and 12g ram that really should be the standard for flagship android phones. This is like taking a downgrade and paying a premium for it. I'm definitely looking for the next android manufacturer who puts value back in. Oneplus has sold out its fans. Sad day.

May 11, 2022
This review places a lot of emphasis on hardware (which is generally great) and neglects the operating system, which has a significant impact on usability.

Depending on your region you will either get OxygenOS 12 (US EU Global phones) or ColorOS (China phone).

OxygenOS by many accounts used to be a good OS, however OnePlus merged with Oppo and now it is a mashup of OxygenOS and ColorOS. The end result is a very inconsistent design language (especially fonts), unintuitive UI, limited control in areas, low visual appeal, and bug reports on key functions such as scrolling, calls and alarms. Many features of android 12 have not been implemented either.

Given this is software we may find a future releases address these issues, and defects disappear with time. However, if there is an underlying issue at OnePlus as many long term fans suspect, things might not improve.

Buy it for the hardware which really is good, but be mindful the software could be a real issue for some.