News OnePlus 9 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra: Which Android phone wins?

Mar 27, 2021
Now thats what you call an utter BS verdict. How did the oneplus beat samsung in availability and price? just a 100$ difference gives it two points higher but a significant camera loss gives samsung only a 1 point edge? Battery Life is also 2 points higher for the oneplus yet when the Camera part gets it where the ultra roasts the oneplus, it only its one point higher? The samsung camera is a league higher yet only narrowly wins lol.

Mar 27, 2021
Now that's what you call an utter BS verdict. How did the one plus beat Samsung at availability and price? just a 100$ difference gives it two points higher but a significant camera loss gives Samsung only a 1 point edge? Battery Life is also 2 points higher for the one plus yet when the Camera part gets it where the ultra roasts the one plus, it only one point higher? The Samsung camera is a league higher yet only narrowly wins lol.
It beat it at price because it just does. The Samsung camera is better but it's no DSLR, just a smartphone with better digital computational thingy.

Mar 27, 2021
It beat it at price because it just does. The Samsung camera is better but it's no DSLR, just a smartphone with better digital computational thingy.
I'm just saying the points structure does not give oneplus the win. As far as i think , they are tied. Oneplus is cheaper but is also by no means significantly cheaper(but t gets 2 points more). The samsung camera vs oneplus' difference is almost day and night(especially in zoom and macro) yet but its only a point higher.

Apr 2, 2021
I'm just saying the points structure does not give oneplus the win. As far as i think , they are tied. Oneplus is cheaper but is also by no means significantly cheaper(but t gets 2 points more). The samsung camera vs oneplus' difference is almost day and night(especially in zoom and macro) yet but its only a point higher.
The price difference changes depending on where you live. For example where i live the price difference is around 400 dollars, even tipping close to 500 dollars. So in my case the Oneplus phone destroys the Samsung phone in price. This test is mostly based on the testers opinion and will reflect opon his view of the phones and his recommendations. There is by no means a perfect way to conduct a test and it will in general try to show the diffences in the phones. It does not try to tell you what the best phone is, but tries to give us all the information we will need in order to pick out which one suits us.

This is by no means to disrespect you, but is my own personal opinion.

Apr 18, 2021
Now thats what you call an utter BS verdict. How did the oneplus beat samsung in availability and price? just a 100$ difference gives it two points higher but a significant camera loss gives samsung only a 1 point edge? Battery Life is also 2 points higher for the oneplus yet when the Camera part gets it where the ultra roasts the oneplus, it only its one point higher? The samsung camera is a league higher yet only narrowly wins lol.
I agree with you I have a s21 ultra and a s21 plus and I also have the note 20 ultra and I also own a one plus 9 and the one plus 9 really really falls short in the camera department and even in resolution put them side by side and I was still impressed with samsung screen resolution it may not have the fastest fast charging this year of 2021 but in a hour or so its charged and that is well enough for me the updates are great and the best business phones I ever owned as I have alot of android phones and samsung has great products my only issue is the exynos chips at all cost avoid buying those versions of the phones snapdragon works alot better and will give you the best out of your phone

Jul 13, 2021
For US users, there are several areas that work in favor of the Sammy:

1. In-Store availability
  2. Local Repair options and parts availability , especially for broken screens.
  3. Local store accessory availability
  4. Cell network feature capability. Wifi Calling, full 5G compatibility
  5. Trade-in values when you decide to upgrade. Many sellers don't even have an option to choose OnePlus.

My wife and I have used OnePlus phones for the last 4 years on AT&T, but the network has become hostile to BYOD in terms of feature parity. We have broken 2 screens between us and repair experiences have been less than ideal. We are strongly considering the move to the Ultra due to the above-mentioned points since. There is literally nothing for us to gain by getting the OnePlus 9 pro other than charger re-usability. That fast charging is the one thing I will miss the most about the OP phones.