The camera is very subpar. I typically trust Tomsguide reviews. In hindsight this review now reads more like a paid endorsement.
If OnePlus Support ever responds my OnePlus 9 will be on its way back. After five hours if use I wanted no more, and it made returning to my old Pixel 3XL feel like it was the new phone. Pasting my response to OnePlus below.
1) it's the worst dust magnet I've ever used. In the short time I had it today it had already started to collect dust in spots that would be next to impossible to remove. Like in the speaker and along the edges of the screen.
2) it runs very hot. I'm not a gamer, that was just with normal use.
3) the battery drains faster than my Pixel 3XL, which this was suppose to replace.
4) the OnePlus 9 on Verizon's 5G LTE+ bandwidth tested no faster than the Pixel 3XL on Verizon's regular 4G LTE.
5) the camera is horrible. Every picture was either washed out or pixilated.
6) the adaptive screen brightness works to dim the screen. But nothing brings it back without opening the settings and doing it manually.
7) not being able to shut off the crap in OnePlus's Android overlay is unacceptable. Which raises way to many user privacy concerns.
8) not being able to remove some of the bloat-ware, like Netflix.
9) nothing I tried ever got WeChat to work. Which became the final straw to break the camel's back. I have a family member in mainland China. Our only means to effectively talk is through WeChat. And yes I used OnePlus Switch to transfer everything.