Onkyo receiver issue

Jk2050

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016
I have a new onkyo tx-nr747 that I am trying to connect to my 5 year old LG tv. I have used an hdmi cable and a digital optical cable. Still says no input on my tv. I have turned off and on, unplugged all of that. Is tv too old? Should I return receiver?

Solution
are all your inputs routed to the receivers inputs? is the receiver output connected to the tv input? is your tv set to that input as the source? are you running the same resolution without any upscaling? provided you dont need any audio from the tv (for using its tuner, etc) all you need is a hdmi cable. optical would only be needed if you used the tv itself as a source.

are all your inputs routed to the receivers inputs? is the receiver output connected to the tv input? is your tv set to that input as the source? are you running the same resolution without any upscaling? provided you dont need any audio from the tv (for using its tuner, etc) all you need is a hdmi cable. optical would only be needed if you used the tv itself as a source.

Solution

Jk2050

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016