Online Fake Nurse Encourages Suicides on Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgalecio

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
As a Nurse I am deeply appalled by such inhumane behavior. I hope this f**k tard gets the maximum punishment the law can legally hand down. The scary thing is being in the medical field is the new 'it' thing. Schools let just about anybody in if they can write a one paragraph letter of why they want to be a nurse. Should be stricter requirements and psych profile done on people wanting to be in a profession where human lives are at stake. Just my two cents.

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
[citation][nom]grillz9909[/nom]Have they heard of 4chan? Just about every thread recommends killing oneself.[/citation]

Beat me to it, humans are capable of despicable deeds, and I'd say to a greater extent when they believe they are anonymous.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
15 years, that's it? This dude is a FREAK!

Depending on his actual influence on the people he "aided", I would think he deserves a minimum of 30 years as well as a trip to the psych ward...

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]hotroderX[/nom]Umm O_O yea 15 years he needs life or worse seriously[/citation]
Seriously. +1000.

Out justice system is broken. We send people who pirate music for 30+ years but let rapists,pedophiles, murderers out in 20 years or so?!?!? WTF?!?!

laweinhander

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
The best part about everyone's comments is that a strict reading of the First Amendment (in the United States Constitution) would imply that this "nurse" legally did nothing wrong.

I guess this falls under the exemption of "screaming fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire"

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I am actually surprised that he can be convicted in America seeing how his victims were not American nor in America at the time of their suicide. Though I must say I am all for him going to prison.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
[citation][nom]Reconspartan[/nom]F**k(ED) Nanny laws.I don't condone what he did but there should be no punishment for this. 1st Amendment ftw[/citation]

Talking someone into harming themselves are others is not freedom of speech and is illegal. Not to mention 99% sure impersonating a Dr or nurse is illegal ( think it's illegal online also since he was "giving medical advice" at least that's how the article made it sound). I really once again gotta say 15 years come on dude needs life or death penalty there hard penalties for far less violent crimes and from the sounds of it the guy is proud of what he's done. So lets say he gets max 15 years gets off in 9 for probation what happens if he trys this again its been proven time and time again sick people like him like to repeat there crimes people like him just disgust me and the lack of solid online laws is just as disgusting

just proof of point I know wiki isnt always accurate but i dont know a better place to get this from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_in_the_United_States

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]Reconspartan[/nom]Fuck Nanny laws.I don't condone what he did but there should be no punishment for this. 1st Amendment ftw[/citation]

Just wait until someone close to you get affected by this.

Then u talk, bitch.

1st Amendment blows btw.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Whats the point in killing ones self? It's not like your going to live forever anyway. Be patient you will get there eventually and who knows maybe along the way you get to see something cool. I myself want to live as long as possible I mean if I can live long enough to see aliens visit the earth that would be cool no matter what they do (The nihilist in me hopes they eat us.... the trek fan in me hopes they give us warp drive!)

I'm not condoning his actions, however, even if he never became involved things would have most likely turned out the same. People with that particular mindset are not very easy to turn back from the path they have taken.

As for the legality: I'm sure they are charging him here in the US since this is where his blogging originated.

Status
Not open for further replies.