Online status on Viber changed for no reason

1r4e7b2i5v

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017
today, we are using Viber messaging starting at 5:02 AM, we also had a video call at 6:26 AM (1 minute, got disconnected because of poor signal) and at 7:39 AM (37 minutes). Afterwards, the Online status shows "Online today at 8:24 AM"
which makes sense, knowing that there is a normal delay in the Viber status.

Later on today, I noticed that the Online status has changed to "Online today at 5:01 AM". (which is1 minute before we stated using Viber)

When I checked the call log, it still shows calls that we made at 6:26 AM and 7:39 AM

is there a reasonable explanation why this conflicting information?

Solution
Most likely the entries record when you first initiate the service versus when you can actually begin the video call.

All the devices involved need to go through a process termed "handshaking" to work out the communication protocols to be followed.

They communicate back and forth to get everything settled and you are good to go. Normally a very fast process but there are other considerations - e.g.:

1) If there are problems along the communication lines (poor signal) then interruptions may force handshaking to start all over again.

2) Some clock differences - may be affected by the time source being used for the log entries.

3) And if some process starts at 5:01:59 and ends at 5:02:01 (two seconds later) it may appear in the log...
Most likely the entries record when you first initiate the service versus when you can actually begin the video call.

All the devices involved need to go through a process termed "handshaking" to work out the communication protocols to be followed.

They communicate back and forth to get everything settled and you are good to go. Normally a very fast process but there are other considerations - e.g.:

1) If there are problems along the communication lines (poor signal) then interruptions may force handshaking to start all over again.

2) Some clock differences - may be affected by the time source being used for the log entries.

3) And if some process starts at 5:01:59 and ends at 5:02:01 (two seconds later) it may appear in the log that a minute (5:01 to 5:02) has elapsed just due to rounding.

Solution