Review Onn 50-inch 4K Roku Smart TV review

Aug 28, 2020
The CONS on this list just aren't accurate.
- Volume is almost too loud, I can watch TV at a lvl 3 without issue. The loud volume was the first thing I noticed.

The performance is fine, it's pretty snappy. I load YouTube TV no issue, flips inputs fine all in all no issue.
The deep blacks ugh I hate when this is a CON for a TV marked at $218.00. The picture and 4k are look very good, are there better TVs out there yes, does a $2000.00 LG look better and more deep blacks yes. But that's like saying a Honda isn't as nice as a Tesla, it's not supposed to. This TV is more than fine for 90% of viewers and proceed 5 well. If you don't buy this expecting a 2000.00 TV your gonna be more than happy.

Aug 29, 2020
I bought the same Tv and with some patience and determination i found you have to change the audio mode. Then it gets crazy loud.

destro_onpoint

Honorable
Jul 23, 2015
Got this a couple weeks ago. No, its not a premium TV. All in all the performance is on par with the TCL, which those sets have been having problems as of late with Roku updates. The new 9.4 update works fine on the Onn. Airplay should be here by the end of the year. I've put 4k movies on USB sticks and the TV played them flawlessly. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong. The sound isn't great by any means. I have my paired with a fairly premium Klipsch RSB-11 sound bar and sub.

Nov 16, 2020
I bought my 50in from Walmart on Thanksgiving last year (2019) for $148, and there is nothing really to complain about. The one nit I can pick is that you cannot just power on and walk away, expecting the TV to resume on the live TV channel it was previously on. This TV requires waiting about five seconds for the set to start, then press OK to actually pick the live TV option for full screen. They probably do this to force a few seconds of an advertisement that fills the right portion of the home screen. The remote is very simple, just up/down to pick channels, which can be quite a long operation with 100 digital channels. The set keeps track of recently viewed channels so scrolling down can get into a short list of recent selections. On the plus side, Amazon Prime implemented sub-accounts since this TV came out, and the Roku software updated seamlessly to include that function. My old Roku devices are not getting the new firmware.

Nov 18, 2020
TV was $128 at walmart for a half a minute. I wouldn't even bother saying this TV is not premium. It is pretty good. Yes we can all agree it's not a factory calibrated $2000 TV. You have to know how to calibrate it yourself and know the difference between say "Backlight" and "Brightness". I calibrated it to the point were there is no unbalanced backlighting which I saw as soon as I turned it on. These are LED TV problems. The sound even though I am using my own speakers is great, for a cheap flat screen TV. The fact that you guys brought up BASS levels on this TV's speakers makes me wonder...