Open back headphone sound leak

Ix_coner_x

Estimable
Jul 4, 2015
Hello Guys,

I already own a blue yeti for recording youtube videos and making other content. And I am interested in purchasing a pair of beyerdynamic dt 880 pros for listening to music and the games i play.

But my question is: Will the sound leak from the 880 pros (because they are semi-open back) go into the blue yeti and therefore mess up recordings or not? As i really like the 880 pros but do not want them to mess up my audio recording for my videos.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
You don't necessarily have to go with the DT 770 Pros, only if you think the Yeti is really sensitive (eg picks up computer noise). But if you want to be 100% sure, go with the DT 770 Pros. The only problem with going for closed back is you're going to be losing some sound stage.

BlueFireZ

Estimable
You shouldn't have a problem unless you listen to high volumes. If you're purchasing it locally you can buy a pair and give them a try, if you are seeing problems with sound leakage just return them, but i don't think you should worry.

BlueFireZ

Estimable
You don't necessarily have to go with the DT 770 Pros, only if you think the Yeti is really sensitive (eg picks up computer noise). But if you want to be 100% sure, go with the DT 770 Pros. The only problem with going for closed back is you're going to be losing some sound stage.

Solution