Open backup file ecrypted with Credant

Status
Not open for further replies.

fablaxx

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
Hi
I need to restore a backup file encrypted with credant. I've password and all the rest. Problem is that file needs to be opened from within the applcation. Then when I double click on encrypted file, decryption begins and files is stored in temp folder. At end of process error message comes, saying file needs to be opened form application, but when entering application decrypted file is disappeared from folder.... Wht can I do?Can someone help? Thanks

fablaxx

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017

Hi, yes I've got the psw.
But I can normally open files double clicking on (word files for example) and the file opens up together with the application. For the backup file (it's the case of Outlook) needs to be opened within the application. When I double click to decrypt, files ends decryption and then gives the message "This file needs to be opened within Outlook". I enter Outlook, but can't find file decrypted file anymore as it has been automatically deleted from the temp folder where decrypted files are stored.
I hope I've better explained...

fablaxx

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017

Unfortunately as soon as the file has been decrypted, disappears from the decryption folder! And therefore impossible to open.

fablaxx

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017

So, when I double click the file, it decrypts and goes to a temp folder and opens automatically generating an error message "Open within Outlook", then suddenly disappears. Then from Outlook it's not possible to find the decrypted file.

fablaxx

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017

Unfortunately not. I've no problem with any other file, as double clicking it opens and remains in folder... Not with the ones I need to open from inside applcation

Status
Not open for further replies.