podlod

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Hi, I have a slight prob being that when I want to email a photo to someone I normally send it via Microsoft Office pictures from my Office 3, but recently when I try to send a photo all they get is a blank screen with a red X in the middle and no photo? or many small squares where a photo should be. Could you please tell me the prob or inform me how they can open this photo that I send in another photo software that I possess. I try to change the software from Microsoft Office pictures permanently but it keeps referring back to the original `open with` place being Microsoft. Thank you for any help. :wahoo:

G

Personally, I send pictures as attachments by saving them from the camera onto the desktop or into a folder and then fetching them from there when the email system (usually Yahoo) prompts me. If the picture is a particularly big file I may process it in Photoshop to reduce the file size.

I don't see any role in that process for Microsoft Office or any other software. Keep it simple and you'll have fewer problems.

podlod

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Personally, I send pictures as attachments by saving them from the camera onto the desktop or into a folder and then fetching them from there when the email system (usually Yahoo) prompts me. If the picture is a particularly big file I may process it in Photoshop to reduce the file size.

I don't see any role in that process for Microsoft Office or any other software. Keep it simple and you'll have fewer problems.

Hi, I am an amateur photographer so I have thousands of photos and I place them in different files, but all I want to know is how to stop them opening in Microsoft photo manager, and being able to open them in a software somewhere else permanently?

G

Okay, in My Computer or Windows Explorer Right Click on the file name of a photo and select Properties, Opens With -- and choose the program you want to open this kind of file with and tick the box saying always open files like this with this program.