OpenAI has 5 steps to AGI — and we’re only a third of the way there

Mar 4, 2024
I think they are jamming too much in the first 3 levels. It could be 4 or 5 levels for all that. The last level looks trivial, just a step up in size/speed, like most steps in Mores Law. Also, AI is more than described, creativity is not demonstrably digital, and other things need to be considered. Are there kinds of AI? Empathy, aggressive, friendly, demanding, etc.

RyanMorrison

Great
Nov 27, 2023
I think they are jamming too much in the first 3 levels. It could be 4 or 5 levels for all that. The last level looks trivial, just a step up in size/speed, like most steps in Mores Law. Also, AI is more than described, creativity is not demonstrably digital, and other things need to be considered. Are there kinds of AI? Empathy, aggressive, friendly, demanding, etc.
This is an interesting point. On the final element about different kinds of AI. With the demos I've seen of GPT-4o it seems one model can be general across these states. It is capable of reacting and changing base don human input and the change is being natively multimodal in and out.