News OpenAI knocks Gemini off the top of chatbot leaderboard with its new model

Aug 14, 2024
It doesn't really matter, I'll be using gpt-4o and gpt-4o-mini via API even if they would be below all these Geminis and Claudes in benchmarks. Simply because OpenAI's models are least censored and don't have these biases they for some reason absolutely must push to the user. What's the point of unmoderated endpoints of Google and Antrophic if their models will break through the instruction and write 3 paragraphs, wasting paid tokens and computational resources, telling me how absolutely unsafe it is to roleplay as an anime catgirl?

At least until the next open source model that will rule the scene for 1 day before getting overshadowed by a new proprietary model.

Aug 15, 2024
Gemini is absurdly, comically censored. Try asking it, "Who was the first president of the United States?" Then, ask yourself if you'd be willing to pay $20/month for a model that can't handle such a basic, uncontroversial query.

Reactions: Araki
Aug 14, 2024
Gemini is absurdly, comically censored. Try asking it, "Who was the first president of the United States?" Then, ask yourself if you'd be willing to pay $20/month for a model that can't handle such a basic, uncontroversial query.
It's so Google to write "Avoid creating or reinforcing unfair bias" in their Google AI Principles and then finetune their model on numerous unfair biases they personally believe in. Or I guess I should say "fair biases"? Such a hypocrisy.

Most people are far away from the technology behind all that "AI stuff" and actually believe things LLMs say without double-checking, so using a product they developed to force their own beliefs onto the general public should straight-up be illegal.

Last edited: