Flashthepyro

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015
Hey all,

So i got this old laptop (Acer Aspire 5630) of a friend of mine, he wanted a new OS on it (went from vista 32bit to 8.1 64) and disable all the not-needed stuff to have it run better.
Anyway, It uses a Intel GMA 950 as GPU. Now i installed W8.1 i checked the specs, (the laptop is 64 bit strangely enough) flawlessly and it runs a lot better.
But, the games it could run before (for example Zerahypt) don't work on 8.1, and (depending on the game) i either get a random crash and unknown error, or the note that OpgenGL GSL is not supported on this GPU.

As far as i know the driver is installed correctly, the small Blue Intel graphics icon is there, so is the menu. No wierd things with the installation as well.
Now i got this one from the acer site, so i am going to find the most recent one and hope it helps.
But in case that does not work (which i think it isnt) i am already asking this to you.

Flashthepyro

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015

Thanks for the link, and yes, the Mobile Graphics 945GM is there.
i tried switching everything on and off, no results.
However, after reading on the intel site i might have a solution, i can download a whole lot of different drivers for that one GPU, plus microsoft.NET which might be the cause.
So i'm going to try that, thanks anyway mate