Opinion: 10 Reasons Why You’ll Be Using Google Plus In A Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Facebook is so bloated and they staggered with proper security and privacy for users for years. For years Facebook feeds were intrusive in letting everybody know what I do when I don't want everyone to know what I was doing with whom; half the time when I'm deleting feeds errors arise saying I couldn't delete them nor anymore for that matter. Yes FB has groups and expanded their security/privacy but they lost me along time ago. While Google+ is in its infancy...it is clean and "Circles" - in working with them is...well...fantastic to say the least. It is very easy to use and the security/privacy between people is already there in full bloom (not talking about what Google does with one's information - I'm sure FB makes money just the same in that regard!). After being on Google+ for a week I have completely abandoned FB altogether and started influencing my friends and family to do the same even just to give it a try which has been nothing but positive experiences. I'm sure not everyone will feel the same but having everything I use under one roof is where it is at for me (can't help it either that I find Google products more superior to say the least).

Very good article with very great points!

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
No I won't be using Googliath +.

They've destroyed the simple clean white web search page with that obnoxious black bar of death and distraction and buggered up TheirTUBE with a new horrible player bar that is annoying to use and obscures the videos playing. We need to see Chris Wiggins the creator of this new Googliath+ style and the CEO Eric Schmidt FIRED ASAP!

I want the OLDER, BETTER Google search, and YouTUBE back!

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
social networks are usless.... so google wont get me. i tried the other two but to this day cannot find any real reason to have them. And i am forced to keep them since they cannot be deleted. At best talking to people on those garbage networks makes you a penpal. Pick up a phone stop being so impersonal.

cmg5217

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
[citation][nom]EnFoRceR22[/nom]social networks are usless.... so google wont get me. i tried the other two but to this day cannot find any real reason to have them. And i am forced to keep them since they cannot be deleted. At best talking to people on those garbage networks makes you a penpal. Pick up a phone stop being so impersonal.[/citation]

Well, one could argue that Google+ allows you to easily call them for free via Gchat. Or you could even use voice/video chat, try getting less impersonal aside from walking to their house.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]cmg5217[/nom]Well, one could argue that Google+ allows you to easily call them for free via Gchat. Or you could even use voice/video chat, try getting less impersonal aside from walking to their house.[/citation]

I dont know alot about google voice but (now i am getting this froma forum thread now) its not free. But hell if it is then perhaps someone might have done it right. But then again..

cmg5217

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
[citation][nom]EnFoRceR22[/nom]I dont know alot about google voice but (now i am getting this froma forum thread now) its not free. But hell if it is then perhaps someone might have done it right. But then again..[/citation]

*points* -> here it's free from the integrated chat

dstigue

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Can't +1 this from your sharing section but I may just be missing something. I usually use my phone anyway which of course is Android so I will +1 it from there lol.

G

I am the big fan you Google, does not matter what but I will go with Google. Google+ will take over facebook like facebook overtook myspace.
Bye bye facebook and hello Google+ :)

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Google owns this, Google owns that.. these aren't reasons. Not for me, at least. Don't see why I need ANY social network instead of having a real life. I have Facebook, for the sake of having all the news feed from my favorite hardware vendors in one place, but that's all.

Well, at least Tom's finally titled an article with an "Opinion" tag - now I don't have to argue against "experts" and can just say that it's the author's opinion and it's wrong from my POV =)

Seriously, he didn't even consider not using social networks at all... "Switching" to Plus, he said.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I'm liking the idea of "circles." Just because I want to see someone's feed really doesn't make them my "friend." The people I add as friends either are also in real life, or are family members of people I actually know; or they might be coworkers I could actually stand to see or associate with outside of work. The distinctions provided by Circles could be very useful here.
I'm concerned about becoming a target for advertising, but until it happens I don't have any reason to fear the worst; for browsing I'll just keep using Firefox with Adblock+ and NoScript.

G

I have google fatigue; two years of Android has burnt me out on their phones, gmail is still ugly, chrome never excited me.
I was so excited when I got my G+ invite weeks ago, and now I hardly ever check it, even though news.google.com is my home page.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Google + SUCKS.

It's also compromised the formerly excellent web search and YT with stupid new design elements that are distracting and make things more difficult to use.

Googliath needs to FIRE CEO Eric Schmidt and the designer of the debacle Chris Wiggins.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]Google + SUCKS.It's also compromised the formerly excellent web search and YT with stupid new design elements that are distracting and make things more difficult to use. Googliath needs to FIRE CEO Eric Schmidt and the designer of the debacle Chris Wiggins.[/citation]
Copying and pasting the same comment over and over won't get you into any friendly circles

Now let us bow down to our new lord and master!

Status
Not open for further replies.