Solved! OPPO A39 camera icon and google search bar deleted by accident.

Apr 19, 2018
OPPO A39 camera icon and google search bar deleted by accident.

I accidentally deleted my camera icon and google search bar - and when i try to press and hold the background nothing comes up... help!

Solution
Most Oppo products I have worked with do allow for the Tap and Hold option to bring up the icons list. It is rather odd that it isn't working on yours. You can try accessing it through the widgets option. Tap and hold the screen with two fingers and drag the fingers closer to each other (like you were trying to pinch something. It should open that option then.
First restart the phone (turn it off and back on). Then try the touch and hold the background of the home screen again. It should bring up the screen that has icons, widgets, etc. If it doesn't then try going to the direct icons list (usually an icon with little squares) and it will be there.

Now, you also may not have deleted the icons. They could have been moved to other home screens, and they could have been combined with other icons to make a folder. So I would check that as well.

Apr 19, 2018

Hi there, thanks for your answer. I tried restarting and still no luck. Also i dont have an icons list - my oppo phone uses colorOS version V3.0.0i and Android version 5. There is no where in my settings to access icons etc.

Most Oppo products I have worked with do allow for the Tap and Hold option to bring up the icons list. It is rather odd that it isn't working on yours. You can try accessing it through the widgets option. Tap and hold the screen with two fingers and drag the fingers closer to each other (like you were trying to pinch something. It should open that option then.

Solution