Optical cable and RCA cable connection not working

Nikzy3

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
Hi. I'm trying to connect my Samsung UHD Tv to my sound system. Optical and RCA won't work. No sound from the system. I have selected the right option on the tv for optic cable and put the system on aux setting as that's the only setting on my old system. It was working with my old samsung tv. So not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Makes and model numbers would help us give you a specific answer.
If you are using the optical audio output on the TV you may have to turn it on, turn the TV speakers off, and change the audio output type in the TV menu.
On the sound system you may have to assign the rear channel connection to an input name to get it to work. Many surround sound receivers have an input set up menu for this purpose.
Most new TVs don't have RCA analog audio outputs so you may have tried using an input by mistake. If the TV has a headphone out you could try that.

Nikzy3

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
The tv model is samsung UE50KU6000
and the hifi system is JVC CA-UXP55.
I have already adjusted the tv settings for optical out as stated above but still no sound.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eboogie202 Audio 1
Z Audio 1
Not_techy Audio 1
K Audio 2
J Audio 1
M Audio 1
S Audio 1
R Audio 1
K Audio 2
K Audio 2
Q Audio 1
P Audio 6
I Audio 2
J Audio 2
S Audio 1
J Audio 1
V Audio 6
S Audio 1
S Audio 1
B Audio 2
Similar threads
Question connect panasonic tv to bose station using optical cable
Question No 5.1 sound Win10, splitter hdmi2.2 IN/passthrough/optical+hdmi2.2 OUT, 4k 60Hz uhd projector, dolby atmos soundbar
Question Vizio sound bar stopped recognizing digital optic cable
Question Optical cable to AV out put
Solved! How to get my lg magic remote to control my sony stereo receiver connected through optical cable
Solved! I plugged in my sound at via digital optical cable and when I select digital on the sound at it makes a loud noise
Solved! Aux cable or optical aux cable
Optical cable hooked up the soundbar I have the cable hooked up to a soundbar on a LG 32-inch TV it works fine on HDMI 1 HDMI
Solved! Sonos Soundbar + Westinghouse TV - No ARC/Optical Audio Options
Solved! Connecting sound bar to the tv through optical cable
Question sony dvdhome theatre system Davdx375 no digital optical , sony tv kdl60ex645 no arce hooked to cable box no sound through spea
Solved! Ultra thin optical cable
Optic cable to HDMI or other?
What kind of convert to use for LG TV without HDMI ARC port or optical cable port
I have LG sound bar and Philips DVD player but no sound coming through it I have optical cable from tv to sound bar which is f
Vizio 60": optical audio jack pulled out
Digital Optical Cable to USB?
How what optical cable to connect to a digital LG TV (no 3.5mm capability) to my Beats Studio headset? I purchased Aluratech a
My TV has optical output, but home theatre has 5.1 rca input. How to connet TV with home theatre via optical cable.
Trying to connect soundbar to JVC TV with no optical cable & RCA output

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS