Optimal Battery Level

spdurkee

Honorable
Sep 19, 2018
I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 9. To minimize the amount of wear on the battery I've configured a system where the charger will turn on at a certain level and turn back off again at a certain level.

My question is, what is the optimal level to start charging the battery and the optimum level to stop charging the battery? Currently I turn on the charger at 65% and turn off the charger at 66%. So the phone hovers between 65 and 66% continuously throughout the day while it's plugged into the charger.

Any insight you can provide on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
There really is no 'optimum' level. People will say this or that, but there is no need to stay at one level or another. Do you what you feel is best. Just remember to allow the battery to run down fully or close to it occasionally and charge fully as well. Not doing these can actually have negative effects on the life of the battery, but not any optimum level.
There really is no 'optimum' level. People will say this or that, but there is no need to stay at one level or another. Do you what you feel is best. Just remember to allow the battery to run down fully or close to it occasionally and charge fully as well. Not doing these can actually have negative effects on the life of the battery, but not any optimum level.

Solution