Options for connecting Laptop to TV, TV lacks HDMI input

dark ride

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I have done a whole bunch of research on this but have found conflicting information. Basically, I am trying to hook up my newer laptop which has HDMI & VGA outs to my somewhat older tube TV which has composite, S-video, and Component ins. I am looking to do this mostly to be able to watch movies/shows and maybe play some games on the big screen. Has anyone here had any experience with this as far as different options and the quality you can expect? I wouldn't expect it to be top quality, but something that is still watchable without cringing. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. :)

Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
Tandrato Streaming Video & TVs 0
whitty500 Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 8
F Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 4
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
N Streaming Video & TVs 17
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 5
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 4
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Question No Option To Change Audio Type To PCM On Samsung TV (Model: LN46b500P3F)
Question Can't Select Menu Option In LG TV
Question WD live hub replacement options
Solved! I don't have the network option in my sony bravia tv to connect wirelessly how to connect ?
My TV has no Bluetooth option but I want connect home theater Vai Bluetooth,is it possible?
I have a old LG tv and I have the HDMI to RCA converter I connected everything is ok but on which option should I do AV O
I have a samsung surtound but my home theater system only has jacks and hdmi , what is my best option to connect together?
I had comouter i want to connect my pc to tv through vga cable tv had option also for vga but when i connect for 2 minutes sc
I'm trying to connect my Visio tv to a sanwo soundbar. Sanwo is not an option for make. Can you help me connect or determine i
how can I hear the sound from external hard drive connected to tv usb ports sending sound to the home theatre aux option
I'm trying to find a new TV with an audio out option. This is necessary to connect to a bluetooth transmitter which feeds my h
Samsung smart tv problem with internet connection
How can I connect a HD Antenna for local stations to my TV without a COAX input option on the tv? I only have HDMI or the 3 c
I Have a Bell Tv Cable Box, And When i Connect my Bell Hmdi Cable it doesn't show up on my computer in the sound options anywh
i have a samsung tv model # UN65FH6001F i cannont connect a sound bar because there is no option to turn on external speaker i
no sound on tv when connected to computer?
Samsung TV wireless connection
No optical cable on TV and new soundbar ONLY has that option 2 connect. TV: Westinghouse DWM32H1Y1, Soundbar: Yamaha YAS-CU201
Options for connecting Laptop to TV, TV lacks HDMI input
RTV5040 Setup menu doesn't show options to switch from dial-up to ethernet.

ASK THE COMMUNITY