Oracle CEO Larry Ellison Buys Hawaiian Island of Lanai

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinisterSalad

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
" Castle & Cooke sold its full 98 percent share of the island's 141 square miles to Ellison. The other two percent is thought to be owned by the state."

and then the next paragraph...

"Castle & Cooke owns 98 percent of the island’s 141 square miles."

I think I got it the first time. :|

" Residents are hoping he'll kill off plans to build windmills on the island"

Then, same paragraph...

"..., but residents are hopeful Larry will kill that idea off."

Just... wow...

Gigahertz20

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
[citation][nom]DjScribbles[/nom]Step 1: Buy IslandStep 2: Send Eviction noticesStep 3: Build volcano laboratoryStep 4: Finish Doomsday deviceStep 5: Profit[/citation]

He's on his way to becoming the next Bond villain, lol.

G

"It's kind of strange that in 2012, a medieval system of having one man own an island in the middle of the state, on which 3,000 people live, can still exist," Robin Kaye, a Lanai resident since 2005, told the paper. "It's very bizarre."

Perhaps Ellison will move on to a 21st century "green" approach of demolishing "the Four Seasons Resorts Lanai at Manele Bay, and the Four Seasons Resorts Lanai, Lodge at Koele, as well two championship golf courses and clubhouses."

So after Ellison returns Lanai to a state of nature, Robin Kaye can pack up her belongings and move her butt off this natural wonderland. I'm sure she would agree that that isn't "bizarre".

Super_Nova

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
[citation][nom]Travis Beane[/nom]I now feel inferior to this man in every way conceivable.[/citation]
Well, at least I have a nice personality and a bigger d....

altriss

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
It's kind of strange that in 2012, a medieval system of having one man own an island in the middle of the state, on which 3,000 people live, can still exist
Yes but the question is : "better one man or one organisation as it was before him?" in both case people don't even own their own houses.
WTF is wrong with you people?

G

they're wind turbines not windmills, windmills mill corn and stuff, wind turbines generate power.. geez

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]SinisterSalad[/nom]" Castle & Cooke sold its full 98 percent share of the island's 141 square miles to Ellison. The other two percent is thought to be owned by the state."and then the next paragraph..."Castle & Cooke owns 98 percent of the island’s 141 square miles."I think I got it the first time. :|" Residents are hoping he'll kill off plans to build windmills on the island"Then, same paragraph..."..., but residents are hopeful Larry will kill that idea off."Just... wow...[/citation]

Lets not forget the word "governer" which I had to FIGHT MY COMPUTER TO EVEN SPELL IN THAT WAY IN THIS REPLY.

Editor fail.

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
[citation][nom]DjScribbles[/nom]Step 1: Buy IslandStep 2: Send Eviction noticesStep 3: Build volcano laboratoryStep 4: Finish Doomsday deviceStep 5: Profit[/citation]
Launch Doomsday device at SAP headquarters

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
[citation][nom]Super_Nova[/nom]Well, at least I have a nice personality and a bigger d....[/citation]

I am sure he can buy that (maybe in Sweden) too.

Status
Not open for further replies.