Orange(amber) light 4 times and white light 1 time flashing issue in dell laptops

sanjeetgupta59

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017
My dell vostro 3558 lappy is just 22 months old. I rarely use it because all my works are done with my college laboratory. Battery was fine and have a backup of more than 3 hrs.last day I saw a warning battery is low to 7% but I usually didn't care because I was out of range of ac power wall and knows that it will goes in hibernation without losing my work..it happens many time to me but in past there was not any issue. So I plugged in the ac adaptor and let it charge without power in on without opening lid...after an hour I powers it on and it starts with no issue...after 15 minutes suddenly the charging light starts flashing and on battery it shows plugged in not charging it was about/92% charged. I googled it made hard reset by uninstalling battery driver removing battery and pressing power button about 30 sec and updating bios bla bla bla...all goes to vain I freezed battery for 12 hrs but not worked. In bios it shows battery health good adaptor good..did hardware test and it says battery is going to die...checked with other adaptor but no hopes...is it my battery dead or motherboard fault...I have another dell laptop continuously running about 4 yrs with battery supplied in package ..then how can battery be ruined in just 20 months with rare uses....can anyone guess me a solution...laptop dell vostro 3558 windows 8.1 pro battery 4 cell e series. Type li ion...thanks in advance

Solution
Depending on how the battery is charged and how often completely discharged, will affect the life expectancy of the battery.

Dell says "noticeable reduction in run time generally will be observed after 18 to 24 months."

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2011/02/ask-ars-what-is-the-best-way-to-use-an-li-ion-battery/

Emerald

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2005
Depending on how the battery is charged and how often completely discharged, will affect the life expectancy of the battery.

Dell says "noticeable reduction in run time generally will be observed after 18 to 24 months."

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2011/02/ask-ars-what-is-the-best-way-to-use-an-li-ion-battery/

Solution