Ordering a Laptop a couple months before being able to use it

pedronell88

Estimable
Mar 8, 2014
Hey all,

So I'm planning on buying and X1 Carbon 6th gen and there's currently a great sale on the US Lenovo website that I'm thinking on taking advantage off. Thing is I'm currently out of the US because of work (although I can order it to my place in the US as I have a roommate) and will be returning beginning of October and then mid October leaving the US again to start my masters in Norway (reason for which I'm buying it). My question is, should I order it now (it says 3 weeks till it ships) and have it laying there at my place for two months until I return to the US or should I wait another month or so and hope similar sale comes back up later (I would shoot for a back to school sale or something like that mid August or so)? Are there any issues leaving a new laptop just siting there for a couple of months? Unfortunately my roommate is a Mac user (photographer) so I wouldn't trust him setting it up and running tests to make sure everything is fine. What's you guys' take on this? As reference I'm currently in Colombia and my masters is in Norway, both places where ordering said laptop would be much more expensive, plus I would like to have an english keyboard layout as I'm used to it. Thanks.

USAFRet

Illustrious
Are there any issues leaving a new laptop just siting there for a couple of months?

No.
Either it is sitting on your desk unused for a couple of months.
Or it is sitting on a shelf in the store for a couple of months.

The only issue you might have is paying the Customs tax when you import it from the US to wherever.

pedronell88

Estimable
Mar 8, 2014

Good point, I think I'll go ahead and order it. Thanks!