OS installed on Windows 10 SSD vs HDD

maltador001

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
Hi, so I replaced my old motherboard with a new one and my Windows 10 was consequently deactivated. To reactivate it I had to reinstall Windows 8.1 (I had no product key since I upgraded it from Win8) and use the free upgrade to reinstall Windows 10. Everything worked fine and Windows 10 was activated on my pc. The issue I have though is that I have both a SSD and a HDD. At first the OS was installed on my SSD which is what I want, but when I reinstalled Win 10 It was installed on my HDD. How do I install it on my SSD without a product key?

Solution
Cloning is the best answer because it will be a perfect copy of what you have now so no activation issues. It's best to clean up the system as much as possible first. I use EaseUS Disk Copy but Acronis True Image is good so long as you use a more up to date version than 2014. Others, free or paid for, are available.
Cloning is the best answer because it will be a perfect copy of what you have now so no activation issues. It's best to clean up the system as much as possible first. I use EaseUS Disk Copy but Acronis True Image is good so long as you use a more up to date version than 2014. Others, free or paid for, are available.

Solution