'Outlast' for PC Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Also suggestion. I like that Tom's is doing video game reviews, it was very informative, but the voice narrator should speak about the game, I got a little annoyed that he was trying to simulate the ambiance of the game, its a different style but I think It would be better to just focus on the pros and cons of the game.

delmetor

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
I find some of the negative points highlighted here out of place, since some of them actually contribute a lot to realism and immersion, and other ones are just inevitable in any playable game, like losing emotion replaying the scenes, it's like seeing a horror movie twice, it's inevitable. Also, defining the background story as "tedious" seems absolutely inappropriate and unwise to me, given that it involves series of historic references about the second world war and nazism secret biological operations that makes the situation deeper and controversial. And, really, easy to miss? If you miss it you don't give a damn about it so, that's the most closer to reality it could be if you ask me, since it's actually a possible situation (in an hipotethic real situation, you have two choices: escape the horror straight and blindly or investigate the cause of it).

I do agree on the enemy's poor lethality, it should be more extreme and effective to make it realistic and horrorful.

I hope this contributes somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.