Status
Not open for further replies.

A6Quattro

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Hi All-

I'm working with a friend that we set up with Gmail and finally got off of Outlook Express... Only because we finally got him off of XP.

He's used to sending a BCC to himself and getting a copy of his message in the Inbox. We know that a copy goes to the sent items, but he really wants to be able to BCC his Inbox. This worked just fine until the switch to Gmail.

Is there a setting that we need to change or something that we need to do? He wants it to be as simple as possible, and I seem to be thinking on the wrong lines. Any ideas?

A6Quattro

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
He can BCC stuff right now. He sent a test message to his co-worker (Office of 2 People), and BCC'd me and himself. I got the BCC and the Co-Worker got his message (Co-Worker in the To Line).

The guy (Bob) wants to receive a copy of the message in the Inbox if he puts his own name in the BCC.

I showed him the messages in the Sent Items, but he is used to being able to BCC himself and get an Inbox copy.

By the way, Bob really doesn't like change at all ;-)

USAFRet

Illustrious

With 2013 and 2010, and I think 2007...you can set up a Quick Step on the Ribbon which does a series of actions:

Open a new Email
Insert Bob...@gmail.com in the BCC line.

One click, there it is.
Fill in the rest as needed.

A6Quattro

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013

Wait- If you BCC it'll send to the Inbox? That's odd... he BCCs himself and nothing shows up in his Inbox. If he BCCs me and himself, I'll get my Blind Copy as I should, but nothing comes to his Inbox. Does Gmail do something that stops him from getting his BCC? I've sent BCCs to myself a couple of times in Outlook before I switched to Linux at my office. That wasn't with Gmail, though.

I'll have to try it on my old laptop. My desktop runs Linux, so Outlook isn't going to happen here! ;-)

USAFRet

Illustrious

Yes. If I send an email, and BCC myself, it shows in my inbox.
Outlook 2013, linked to gmail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS