bt2013

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
My office is in the process of upgrading clients from Windows XP to Windows 7, and all of our clients who have a sympatico.ca or bell.net email address have been receiving duplicate emails over and over again after we import their old messages. The messages must remain on the server for at least 1 day, since our clients also receive the emails on their phone.

I've set up the sympatico email settings as instructed by the bell website, and disabled Norton Internet Security email scanning.

I've tried straight up copying the old pst, importing the messages into a new pst file, and deleting the messages on the server, but eventually they start to duplicate again.

The old pst files are all being imported into Outlook 2007 SP3 from a variety of outlook versions from 2003 - 2013.

danny2000

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
I've run into the problem before with Windows Mail and Outlook Express.
What I did was log into the web version of each email address account, and delete any junk email from that folder and also check the inbox for any junk. It was always one or two emails that were hanging each time and then each reconnect it would re-download any and all emails again until I did what I mentioned above.

bt2013

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

Unfortunately that did not help, emails duplicated again after about 30 minutes. Strange thing is, the emails don't duplicate on every send/receive, they begin to duplicate at random intervals.