Outlook delay or no email

MzzT

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
Can't believe I am the only one experiencing this. Using Exchange Outlook, Windows 7 pro 64bit.
I will receive a popup notification that a new mail has arrived. When I check my inbox, it clearly shows a 1 next to inbox but, there is no new email. I have to click on a few other folders and come back to my inbox and then it will appear. This also happens in my other folders, however the mail never seems to show up. Currently there is a new mail showing in my junk folder but when I look in that folder for the last 3 days, there is no mail. That is fine if it is true junk, but I have no way of knowing. I also have a SaaS account and there is no mail showing blocked. Any direction as to where this issue is being generated or a resolution would be great.

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

How do you have your inbox sorted, or what "view" are you using? Make sure it's sorted by date so that new emails appear at the top, if it is set to "Date" view make sure the new emails aren't at the bottom by clicking the "Received" column header to flip it. A lot of times people will accidentally change the view from "Date" to "From" or something like that and end up having their inbox categorized by sender email address

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

Whenever you see the little outlook popup notification for an email that has just arrived try clicking on it to open the actual email. If it opens check the sent date to make sure you aren't getting emails that were sent sometime in the past or something

Did you make sure that none of the categories in your inbox are collapsed, for example if your inbox is sorted by date received the inbox should have 'Today', 'Yesterday', 'Last Week', etc, click the little arrows beside them to make sure they're expanded and not collapsed