Status
Not open for further replies.

pckitty4427

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
I'm trying to move some emails from Outlook 2002 on my old PC to Outlook 2007 on my laptop.

On outlook 2002, I exported the email folder to a PST file. I then burned the file on to a CD-RW.

I then put the CD into the laptop and copied the PST onto the desktop.

On the laptop, I opened Outlook 2007 and went File>Open>Outlook data file. I selected the PST file but I got a message saying the file wasn't a personal data file.

Any solution?

Solution
All newer versions of Outlook support the older 97-2002 file format. Just keep in mind that there is a hard size limit of 2GB for the old format. When you copied the file to the desktop did you also clear the Read-Only bit? (gets set when you put something on CD/DVD) You can't open a .pst unless the file can be written to.

Once you manage to get the file open I strongly suggest that you create a new format .pst and drag/drop the contents of the old one into it.

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished
All newer versions of Outlook support the older 97-2002 file format. Just keep in mind that there is a hard size limit of 2GB for the old format. When you copied the file to the desktop did you also clear the Read-Only bit? (gets set when you put something on CD/DVD) You can't open a .pst unless the file can be written to.

Once you manage to get the file open I strongly suggest that you create a new format .pst and drag/drop the contents of the old one into it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.