Outlook sends but NO ONE gets them

chewyalf

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Very strange problem, hopefully somoene can help.

I have Windows Vista, and Microsoft Outlook 2003. I compose an email. It goes to the outbox, then leaves the outbox. I then see it in the sent folder. Problem is, that no matter who I send it to, they never get it. Any single email address - it never goes through, but yet it has left my computer.

I logged in through my providers website and can send via webmail, so it definitely is with Microsoft Outlook. I have disabled anti-virus software and even booted into safe mode with networking to see if anything else was blocking it, and still no luck.

Any ideas, anyone?

chewyalf

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Dickysolo--> This is a clients computer of mine. So I tried sending myself a message from her account. It sent from her outbox but I didn't get it. This has been going on a few days now, so I did more things to find out what the problem is. I deleted the account completely, and re-added it. It worked - for a day! Then I installed Thunderbird instead. It worked! Again, for a day. Now its at the same problem - sending successfully, no errors, but NO ONE gets them!

Is the problem in her computer? Or email account? Webmail works fine, and yes, that is not an option for her. If webmail works, the problem has to be in her computer right?

dickysolo

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
I mean try sending to self --- in this case from her account to her email ID. BTW, is is POP3 or IMAP or Exchange Server?

I don't think it is an issue with the computer. I would suggest you to contact the Email provider instead.

chewyalf

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Oh, yes, tried sending it to herself with no success. It left the outbox, and never received.

Its set up as pop3.

I think she called her ISP about it and was unsuccessful, they blamed Outlook (go figure!)

Any other suggestions, please?