Question Output from Stereo (turntable amp) to desktop

Sep 21, 2023
I would like to record some of my albums. I know there are turntables available with USB output. And a lot of my albums I have CD's of as well.

But for now what I would like to do is take the output of my audio amplifier and run that to my desktop to record my albums. Can I take the output of my amp, what would go to my speakers, and run that into my computer. Is there an adapter to convert from the speaker wires to USB? Or to an input on my audio card?

Any suggestions, links, would be appreciated.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
First, check to see if your turntable needs a preamp or not. If it does, you probably won't be able to record anything. I have a Pyle PP777 preamp feeding my stereo and it works just fine.
If your turntable has an integral preamp, then you should be able to connect it to a receiver and then connect that to your PC via USB or mike jack.

Sep 21, 2023
First, check to see if your turntable needs a preamp or not. If it does, you probably won't be able to record anything. I have a Pyle PP777 preamp feeding my stereo and it works just fine.
If your turntable has an integral preamp, then you should be able to connect it to a receiver and then connect that to your PC via USB or mike jack.
I know!!! But how?!?!?!

From my OP, "Can I take the output of my amp, what would go to my speakers, and run that into my computer. Is there an adapter to convert from the speaker wires to USB"

As I also said in my post, my turntable is connected to my amp. I want to know how to get the electrons from my amp into my pc.;) You said USB or mike jack. Is there a simple, but obscenely overpriced, little connecter that I hook the speaker wires to that has a male USB end? Do I plug something into the headphones socket that has the USB connection?

Thanks