Question Over Heating Predator helios 300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2020
i have owned my 2018 predator helios 300 for a year and a half now when I first bought it it had heating issues getting up to 90 degrees while gaming so I followed a tutorial and reposted it with Noctua NT-H2. Not much changed so I undervolted it by 140 mlv that worked a little but I also got a cooling stand that has fans so I've used it it would occasion spike up to 90 c but averaged around 70 to 85 degrees while gaming until recently where even light games like CSGO would consistently stay at above 95 degrees maxing out at 100c this did not seem right so I opened up my laptop and repasted it again with the same paste i had leftover and even made sure to spread it with a flat piece of plastic evenly across the heatsink but nothing has changed it consistently says at an upward of 90 degrees and on idle it goes from 50 to sometimes even 80 degrees. i recently ordered kryonaut from amazon it is still shipping but i don't think the thermal paste is the problem may be the sensor is just reading the temps wrong? because the laptop does not feel like 95 degrees don't get me wrong it feels pretty hot but not 95 degrees hot and forgot to mention i did even take out the fans ad clean them along with the grills

Edit I have also just stopped gaming for a while until the kryonaut comes in

Edit 2 the kryonaut came in and I applied it not a single thing has changed my laptop still idle around 55 to 70 degrees and spikes up to 90 every now and then on idle and if I am playing a game it is constant 90 + degrees this thread has gotten 150 views and no response so i assume nobody has an answer I'm just gonna use it anyway and not care about the temps lets see how long it lasts there goes 1000$ on nothing

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020
i have owned my 2018 predator helios 300 for a year and a half now when I first bought it it had heating issues getting up to 90 degrees while gaming so I followed a tutorial and reposted it with Noctua NT-H2. Not much changed so I undervolted it by 140 mlv that worked a little but I also got a cooling stand that has fans so I've used it it would occasion spike up to 90 c but averaged around 70 to 85 degrees while gaming until recently where even light games like CSGO would consistently stay at above 95 degrees maxing out at 100c this did not seem right so I opened up my laptop and repasted it again with the same paste i had leftover and even made sure to spread it with a flat piece of plastic evenly across the heatsink but nothing has changed it consistently says at an upward of 90 degrees and on idle it goes from 50 to sometimes even 80 degrees. i recently ordered kryonaut from amazon it is still shipping but i don't think the thermal paste is the problem may be the sensor is just reading the temps wrong? because the laptop does not feel like 95 degrees don't get me wrong it feels pretty hot but not 95 degrees hot and forgot to mention i did even take out the fans ad clean them along with the grills

Edit I have also just stopped gaming for a while until the kryonaut comes in

Edit 2 the kryonaut came in and I applied it not a single thing has changed my laptop still idle around 55 to 70 degrees and spikes up to 90 every now and then on idle and if I am playing a game it is constant 90 + degrees this thread has gotten 150 views and no response so i assume nobody has an answer I'm just gonna use it anyway and not care about the temps lets see how long it lasts there goes 1000$ on nothing

Edit 3 the problem has seemed to fix itself like literally I woke and loaded up csgo and it does not go over 59 degrees I have idea what happened but I'm not complaining

Status
Not open for further replies.