Packard Bell laptop motherboard issue (replacing)

curyVe

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015
I have a Packard bell ts11-hr-604tk model laptop and it has nVidia gt540m 2gb GPU and i5 2410m CPU. The mobo model is P5SW0 and SPN is MBRCG02-003.
I want to replace this motherboard with new one because it's faulty. After i searched many web sites i found some mobos but sellers only specify motherboard model (P5SW0) not the SPN. Also, one of the seller has same motherboard model but different GPU onboard (gt630m) but it still suitable with my CPU. can i replace my mobo with this one ? I mean, what do i need exactly for replacing my mobo, is it enough to know model of motherboard ?

Solution

If the seller states it will work, you can try it and send it back if it does not work. If you look at the two motherboards and they have the same layout and the same external connection sizes and locations for video card, power, usb and the rest, it may work fine...

curyVe

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015
Seller says there will be no problem. By the way my SPN is MBRCG02-003 and his is MBRCG02-007. This motherboard comes in ts13 model (mine is ts11) of same series of packard bell and only difference is GPU and CPU i think. But as i said before, this mobo suitable with my CPU. Do you think it will cause some problems. or more generally, what specs do i need to know before purchasing the motherboard. I'm insist, because i can't find exact same motherboard.

If the seller states it will work, you can try it and send it back if it does not work. If you look at the two motherboards and they have the same layout and the same external connection sizes and locations for video card, power, usb and the rest, it may work fine. There is no real specs aside from CPU compatability and connections to the other components you can check. Make sure that the CPU socket is the same as what you have now, for the rest you may just need to trust the seller that it will work unless someone that has swapped these motherboards happens to see the post and replies.

Solution