Packard bell screen strange problem

crow11

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
hi all, having some confusing issues with a packard bell laptop screen, screen went off and wouldn't come back on but can see the windows desktop if you shine a light onto it, works ok with external monitor, first thought was inveverter so got a spare ccfl tube i use for testing so plugged this into inverter works ok stays on, so then thinks must be ccfl tube in screen what as gone so to test it i plugged it into my dell's inverter, screen lights up ok and stays on, so then thinking could of been a bad connection so plugged the original screen back in and it lights for a split second then goes off, if i leave the packard bell screen plugged into the dell for a while then plug it straight back into the packard it will stay on till i switch it off and let it cool down then it just comes on for a split second again,the only thing i can think of is that the packard bell inverter as some sort of saftey feature built into it and the ccfl is on its way out so the inverter switches it off does this sound about right or could i be overlooking something cheers

nope looks l;like you dont some good debug...sounds like the screen on your laptop is going bad.