Solved! Packard Bell stuck on Office 2010 install after system restore

kaitlin_94

Prominent
Mar 1, 2021
Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could help me. We've recently found an old Packard Bell EasyNote TS laptop that we had forgotten about for many years. We did a system restore on it and everything was going fine until it's got to the software installation. It's trying to install Office 2010 with the status bar on 40/54 and it's now stuck. There was a chime appear in the background like something has gone wrong and when I press the windows button on the keyboard there is a big red X which has appeared in the task bar but it won't allow me to view the message.

Is anyone able to help me? The laptop seems fine and in working order it's just the issue of trying to get past this problem.

Thank you in advance, to anyone who replies and tries to help me.

Solution
You might succeed in closing the programme if you use the Task Manager. Right click on the taskbar and open Task Manager then you can find the Office 2010 entry, right click on it and End Task.

kaitlin_94

Prominent
Mar 1, 2021
You might succeed in closing the programme if you use the Task Manager. Right click on the taskbar and open Task Manager then you can find the Office 2010 entry, right click on it and End Task.
Hi, that's the issue, as soon as I ctrl, alt and del and select start task manager it shows the task manager and within seconds it disappears and goes back to the installing office. There's no chance of even doing anything on the task manager. It's like I need to somehow over ride the installing of Office.